Lynchburg College Student-Athlete
Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Article I. Name
The name of the committee shall be Lynchburg College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (LC SAAC).
Article II. Purpose
The primary purpose of the LC SAAC is to serve as a representative body of Lynchburg College student-athlete leaders regarding all matters related to athletics and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference. Committee members will serve to increase communication and relationship between all student-athletes, coaches, student body, and administration as well as provide leadership opportunities for the student-athletes of Lynchburg College.
Committee members should also work to enhance the image of student- athletes both on campus and in the community. Article III. Membership
1. All 21 varsity sports shall appoint two representatives, one upperclassmen and one underclassmen (preferably), to the LC SAAC; so both members do no rotate off the committee at the same time.
2. SAAC members must be eligible student-athletes in good academic standing.
3. Student-athlete must be willing to help out and improve athletics at Lynchburg College . time commitment?)
4. Each varsity sport is asked to submit names of its representative no later than October 1 each year.
5. If student-athlete is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, the sport may send a substitute representative to that meeting.
6. Athletic coaches nominate who they think will be a good team representative into SAAC, student-athlete as the authority to accept or decline this offer.
1. The committee will select a President, Vice President, Secretary, and a Treasurer each year.
A. President- presiding over the SAAC meetings, working with the Athletic Director and the coaches; serve as a spokesperson.
B. Vice- President- assumes all duties of the President in the absence of, or at the direction of, the committee President.
C. Secretary- records each meetings minutes.
D. Treasurer- keeps track of budget.
2. Officers will be elected during the last meeting of the school year or when new elections are in order.
3. If more than one person volunteers for an officer position then committee will vote. Then current officers will discuss whether the person is a proper candidate to run SAAC. If no more than one volunteers then same procedures are taken too. Article IV. Meetings
There will be a meeting every third Thursday a month at 8:30pm in Turner. Plus an additional meeting for officers and the advisor (dates and time will vary).
Special meetings may be called as the need arises. Student-athletes will be notified of any unscheduled meetings.