GREENSBORO, N.C. | Washington and Lee junior Emily Hageboeck highlighted the final day of the NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships for ODAC swimmers as she broke her own ODAC and W&L records on the way to securing All-American honors in the 200-yard breaststroke. Four other Generals picked up All-American laurels as competition wrapped at the Greensboro Aquatic Center in Greensboro, N.C.
The ODAC along with the Greensboro Sports Commission are serving as co-hosts with the GAC for this season's four-day national championship event. The conference is no stranger to the GAC as the ODAC hosts its championship in the facility over three days in mid-February.
- Full Results | click HERE to go to the full results page
- Hageboeck earned full All-American honors in the 200-yard breaststroke by placing fifth overall
- W&L's team of Ali MacQueen, Caroline Baber, Claudia Barnett, and Elle Chancey secured Honorable Mention All-America status by finishing 10th in the 400-yard freestyle relay
- Hageboeck smashed her own ODAC and W&L 200-yard breaststroke records with a time of 2:15.80 in the finals. She owns all but one of the ODAC breaststroke records with former Emory & Henry standout Michaela Nolte's conference championship record in the 100-yard breaststroke serving as the lone outlier.
WHO DID WHAT IN WHICH EVENT
- Women's 100-Yard Freestyle Prelims | MacQueen finished in 28th place with a time 0:51.72, coming up less than a half-second shy of her own conference record
- Men's 100-Yard Freestyle Prelims | Sullivan capped his sophomore campaign by placing 20th overall at 0:45.12; this season's performance was 10 positions and 0.40-seconds better than his 2018 championship showing
- Women's 200-Yard Breaststroke Prelims | Hageboeck qualified for the championship finals with a time of 2:16.90 to slot fifth overall.
- Women's 200-Yard Breaststroke Finals | Hageboeck held suit in the finals despite improving her time by 1.1-seconds with a fifth place showing at 2:15.80
- Women's 400-Yard Freestyle Relay Prelims | the team of MacQueen, Baber, Barnett, and Chancey qualified for the consolation final in 11th place with a time of 3:27.48. Their swim in Saturday night's final will be the final competition for ODAC athletes at the championships.
- Women's 400-Yard Freestyle Relay Finals | the team of MacQueen, Baber, Barnett, and Chancey improved by one spot from their prelims finish by chiming in 10th in the finals at 3:26.05
HOW DID THE TEAM STANDINGS SHAPE UP
- Washington and Lee's women's squad finished 10th overall with 121.5 points. It is the second time in program history that the Generals' women have posted a top-10 team showing, joining their seventh-place finish in 2017.
- Emory University won the women's crown with 488.0 points, followed by Kenyon College at 479.0 and Denison University at 419.0
- Denison University won the men's title with 562.5 points. Emory University finished second at 447.5, while Kenyon College was just 0.5 points back at 447.0 to place third.
* Those that finish top-8 in the finals earn All-American honors. Those that finish 9-16 in the finals earn Honorable Mention All-American recognition. To qualify for a finals session, a swimming must finish inside the top-16 (consolation final) or top-8 (championship final) in the prelims.