Emory Eliminates Generals from NCAA's
Eagles Shutdown WLU, 5-2
LEXINGTON, Va. --- The fifth-ranked Washington
and Lee women's tennis team fell, 5-2, to third-ranked Emory in the
third round of the NCAA Division III Women's Tennis Team Tournament
at the W&L Courts on Sunday afternooon.
With the loss, the Generals finish the season at 20-5, while Emory improves to 20-4. This marks the first time in the last 10 seasons that W&L has not advanced to the NCAA quarterfinal round.
#3 Emory 5, #5 Washington and Lee Women 2
May 10, 2009 at Lexington, Va.
1. McManigle, Lorne (EMORY) vs. Katie Tabb (W&L) no result
2. Dawson, Zahra (EMORY) def. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 7-5, 0-6, 6-1
3. Nash, Tshema (EMORY) def. Trelsie Sadler (W&L) 6-2, 6-2
4. Reidenbach, Lindsay (EMORY) def. Jen Snyder (W&L) 6-1, 6-1
5. Schechter, Daniela (EMORY) def. Meg Spalitta (W&L) 6-3, 6-2
6. Hillock, Kirsten (EMORY) vs. Lauren Caire (W&L) no result
1. Katie Tabb/Lauren Caire (W&L) def. Rogers, Sabra/Nash, Tshema (EMORY) 9-8 (7-5)
2. Dawson, Zahra/McManigle, Lorne (EMORY) def. Ann Morris/Trelsie Sadler (W&L) 8-3
3. Meg Spalitta/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) def. Reidenbach, Lindsay/Schechter, Daniela (EMORY) 8-2
Emory 20-4; National ranking #3; Regional ranking #1
Washington and Lee Women 20-5; National ranking #5; Regional ranking #2
NCAA Third Round
Emory Advances to NCAA Quarterfinals in Lawrenceville, Ga.
This release is courtesy of the Washington and Lee University sports information department.